Provides Temporary Rental Assistance
During this challenging and uncertain time, it’s more important than ever to provide sustainable housing for the safety and well-being of all North Dakotans. The Emergency Rent Bridge (ERB) provides individuals and families who are experiencing a loss of household income with temporary rental assistance.
The North Dakota COVID Emergency Rent Bridge can provide temporary rental assistance to eligible renters who are experiencing a loss of household income due to COVID-19.
RENTERS - HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: The COVID Emergency Rent Bridge Process in 5 EASY STEPS:
- RENTERS may determine their eligibility and apply for rental payment assistance via an online pre-qualification survey (online application).
- Once information is submitted, the renter will see a confirmation screen that tells them if they are likely to be eligible for assistance. This confirmation can be presented to the housing provider as evidence that application for assistance has been made.
- The renter will receive an email within 24 hours after selecting "Submit" that will enable them to upload the documentation needed to complete their application. Please check your "Junk" mailbox if you haven't received an email within 24 hours.
- ERB staff will review the materials submitted and reach out with any questions.
- Once a Renter is approved, the housing provider will need to register as a vendor in the North Dakota Office of Management and Budget (OMB) supplier registry and confirm details related to the renter’s tenancy. Payment will be sent directly to the housing provider. In most cases, payment will be made in the month it is due, unless a renter applies late in the month.
LEARN MORE details about North Dakota’s COVID Emergency Rent Bridge program by clicking on this information:
- Frequently Asked Questions document (Revised July 28, 2020.)
- Rent Bridge Flyer (Information for RENTERS. Revised July 28, 2020.)
- Rent Limits by county
- Program income limits (60% of median income by county)
LEARN MORE about the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Emergency Public Health Order Temporarily Halting Evictions - To receive protection, an eligible tenant must meet qualifying criteria and, under penalty of perjury, complete a federal Declaration form (other languages available).
HOUSING PROVIDERS - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- If a Renter has applied for and/or been approved for assistance from the ERB, they will receive a confirmation message(s) that they can show to their Housing Provider.
- If a Renter is approved, the state of North Dakota will send the payment directly to participating Housing Providers.
TO RECEIVE PAYMENT
If you have a Renter who has applied for assistance from the Rent Bridge, before the state of North Dakota can make the rent payment, you must register as a participating Housing Provider.
- Create an account for yourself in the ND Office of Management and Budget's (OMB) Supplier Registry at https://bit.ly/2yK2Zba. Be sure to enter "COVID-ERB" as the Special Program Code. (Before making the payment, OMB will need to validate or re-validate your account.)
- VIDEO TUTORIAL - Housing Provider OMB Supplier Registration Process for ERB Video LINK (Uploaded May 28, 2020)
- QUICK HELP GUIDE: Housing Provider OMB Supplier Online Registration Process for ERB (Uploaded May 28, 2020)
- Once you have your Supplier ID, and your Renter has been approved, you will need to enter the renter's ERB Confirmation ID Number on the Housing Provider Payment Request to request payment for rent that is due.
- VIDEO TUTORIAL Housing Provider Payment Request Process Video (Uploaded May 28, 2020)
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Be prepared to individually validate the rent due for all of your tenants who applied for ERB assistance.
- ERB staff will process the request. Any approved payment will be made directly to you, the housing provider, into the account specified when you registered as a supplier.
- Please contact 701-328-1907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FLYER - Rent Bridge Flyer for Housing Providers (REVISED June 5, 2020 to add updated contact information)
- LEARN MORE about Tools for Landlords with Tenants Impacted by COVID-19